What are the benefits?
Solar panels have become increasingly popular in the last few years as the price has come down due to efficiencies in production. Many households have benefitted from this cost effective and environmentally friendly technology, which include;
• Free, non-polluting, noise free energy from the sun which can reduce your energy bills.
• Solar thermal panels are an eligible heating system for the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). The RHI is a scheme to incentivise people to install renewable heating systems on their property. You could receive quarterly cash payments over seven years.
• Add value to your home by making it more energy efficient for potential buyers.
• The system works all year round, though you’ll need to heat the water further during the winter months with a boiler.
• Reduced energy bills. Sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the initial installation your hot water costs will be reduced.
• Lower carbon footprint. Solar hot water is a green, renewable heating system and can reduce your carbon dioxide emissions